Friday, May 21, 2010

WEEK # 3 READING THE ART OF POSSIBILITY CHAPTERS 7-9

CHAPTER 7

I guess the situations discussed in this chapter and book for that matter are true, but I don't think people really sit and think about them. Well, of course, if we take every experience and expand and develop from it we will be successful, but does this really happen in real life. I truly believe in the statement that we can be present in the way things are but not accepting of them. It takes a lot of hard work to be present to everything that is happening without resistance and to realize that this creates possibility. A person needs to have many experiences in life to appreciate his/her mistakes and learn from them. I love the statement from the book, "mistakes can be like ice, if we resist them, we may keep on slipping into a posture of defeat".

CHAPTER 8

My connection to this chapter about passion is the statement that passion gives momentum to efforts to build. When someone is passionate about something, they will certainly show it in the way he/she plays, teaches, reads, sings, etc... I love to read to children, especially my childhood favorites, and it shows when I do. When you have this feeling then you know you have chosen the right profession.

CHAPTER 9

It's amazing how each chapter I have some kind of personal connection. We need so badly here in the state of Michigan the practice of enrollment. "Passion, rather than fear, is the igniting force. Abundance, rather than scarcity, is the context".

No comments:

Post a Comment