Wednesday, May 26, 2010

WEEK # 4 RESPONSE TO K. DAVIS BLOG

K. DAVIS BLOG........
As of earlier this week, I was convinced that my AR project was best suited to be shared solely as a presentation or training session for my colleagues or administration at my school. The project was intended to address the use of technology at the school and how my colleagues and I could better implement that technology to the benefit of our foreign language students. To my surprise, through some brief research, I was able to find a venue outside of my current work environment where I might be able to present my project.

This coming October the Association of Christian School International (ACSI) is conducting several annual conferences one of which will take place in Orlando, Fl. This conference will focus on a variety of topics related to education in private Christian schools and my current school, on which I focused my research, is a part of this category. ACSI has opened the conference to speakers who want and are able to present on variety of topics. The conference speakers must focus their presentation on certain learning outcomes. The outcome that I believe would best suit my research is "[Students will] know how to utilize resources including technology to find, analyze, and evaluate information."

This topic would allow me to take my research findings and present them as an example of the ways that students could utilize technology in the area of foreign language study. The Web 2.0 tools that I discovered through my review of literature and eventually used in my research cycles could serve as the examples of tools that would help students to find sources in the target foreign language and analyze and evaluate these authentic sources of that target language. I am sure that I would have to find a compelling way to disseminate my research to be prepared to present at the conference, but I am glad to at least have found another venue for presentation.


Kelly Jankowski said...

This is very exciting. I read both blogs about presenting for your staff and ACSI. I can tell you have put a lot thought into what areas you would like to focus on. If you have the time, I think you should present to your staff and ACSI. Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment